oil on board, 9.75″ x 14″
Onufriy Terentyevich Bizyukov (1897-1986)
Born 1897 in the city of Velež in Smolensk region. In 1918 he graduated from Mirgorod art-industrial school. In 1926 participated in the design of the all-Ukrainian Museum town on the territory of Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. In 1929 – 1932 he was a member of AU RIU (all-Ukrainian organization of artists, which in 1927 was greatly influenced “boychukisty”). In 1926 participated in the design of the all-Ukrainian Museum town on the territory of Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. In 1930 he graduated from the KHI, where he studied under M. Boychuk. Under the guidance of M. Boychuk, Onufry Terentiiovych takes part in the painting of the main hall of the sanatorium in Odessa. In 1935 he was arrested as a follower of the “reactionary school of boychukisty”. From 1920 to 1931 he teaches at the Kiev art College. After returning from the war Bizyukov, O. T. arrived in Kiev and began to work in all genres of painting. Among the artist’s works are still life’s, landscapes, and portraits that have been exhibited at solo exhibitions. His works are kept in many museums and private collections.